Beauty 10 top makeup secrets from artists through the country
Although mastering makeup is a skill, it's also about using techniques and tricks that can mean the difference between looking ordinary and looking drop-dead dazzling.
Over the years, expert teams picked up tons of tidbits from runway shows, celebrity fashion shoots, and just plain old practice, and always learning more. So, there are presented 10 of secrets you’ll adore to help you look like a makeup pro.
1. In no circumstances don’t dab concealer on dark circles. Just counteract the shadows cast by your eyes to really look fresh and well rested. To realize it, pat on a yellow-based cover-up one shade lighter than your foundation as close to the lash line as possible, blending right up to the eye socket and on the sides of your nose.
2. Always use a lash curler immediately after getting out of the shower; the warm water makes the fragile hairs pliable so they're easy to curl and less prone to break.
3. Although brow powder fills in sparse spots and looks natural, the formula isn't long-lasting and tends to smear by lunchtime. The fix? First, sweep on a brow pencil, then stroke on your powder; the pencil's wax base will cause the powder to stick in place.
4. After applying foundation, rub your palms together for a minute, then press them gently onto your cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose. The warmth helps soften the base, making it look like your natural skin as opposed to an obvious layer of makeup.
5. Consider after applying your foundation, swipe on your blush and lipstick before your eye makeup. In that way your face will appear brighter, so in turn, you end up applying less eye shadow, liner, and mascara for a more natural take.